Our friends at AYS are holding their Annual Mardi Gras Mambo parade this Saturday afternoon downtown on Mass Avenue. This is a family friendly event that grows larger each year. The AYS website has some great information about Mardi Gras traditions including information about making your own mask to wear to the parade.
On Saturday, Feb. 13, the AYS Mardi Gras Mambo on Mass Ave parade will begin at 3 p.m. from the Center Township Trustee parking lot at 863 Massachusetts Ave. The family parade will travel southwest on Massachusetts Avenue to the YMCA at the Athenaeum for the Carnevale Fair from 3:30-5 p.m.
Set up for the procession begins at 2 p.m. and streets along the route will be closed to traffic briefly as the procession moves through.
Heres’ the route if you want to stake out a good place for your family to watch:
· START on Davidson Street at Massachusetts Avenue
· South on Davidson Street to St. Clair Street
· West on St. Clair Street to Massachusetts Avenue
· Southwest on Massachusetts Avenue to North Street
· West on North Street to New Jersey Street
· South on New Jersey Street to Massachusetts Avenue
· Southwest on Massachusetts Avenue to Vermont Street
· East on Vermont Street to Athenaeum parking lot FINISH
Log on to the AYS website for information.